Travel to Sweden in Covid-19 times
To ensure that you won’t have any problems entering Sweden, please contact your own local travel agencies. It is the directions and recommendations from your own country, as well as the Swedish governments directions and recommendations that decide travel possibilities. The local organizers of ATP1A3 can only follow regulations and recommendations.
The Swedish regulation is being adapted to the EU regulation and the entry ban is being extended until 31 August. The EU regulation enables travel within the EU without subsequent restrictions if the traveller has a certificate verifying that they have either:
- been vaccinated against COVID-19, EU Covid certificate: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en
- tested negative for COVID-19, or
- recovered from COVID-19
Further details on the websites of:
- The Swedish Government: https://www.government.se/press-releases/2021/06/entry-ban-on-travel-to-sweden-extended/
- The Swedish Policy Authority: https://polisen.se/en/the-swedish-police/the-coronavirus-and-the-swedish-police/travel-to-and-from-sweden/
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden: https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/the-public-health-agency-of-sweden/communicable-disease-control/covid-19/if-you-are-planning-to-travel/recommendations-for-those-travelling/
From Arlanda airport
Arlanda Express – high-speed train to and from Stockholm
The Arlanda Express runs non stop between Stockholm and Arlanda in 20 minutes. If you are travelling from Arlanda to Stockholm, you can buy your ticket at the airport’s information desks or in the Arlanda Express self-service machines located next to the escalators/lifts leading down. You can also purchase your tickets online in advance. For information and tickets, please visit www.arlandaexpress.com.
Flygbussarna – Airport Coaches
Flygbussarna airport coaches between Arlanda Airport and Stockholm Central Station run every ten minutes during most of the day. Tickets for Flygbussarna can be purchased through automated machines in the terminals and at the bus stops, e-tickets via Flygbussarna airport coaches website and on board the bus (only card payment accepted).
Taxis are available directly outside of all terminals at Arlanda airport. Always ask the driver for a fixed price beforehand. The price between the airport and Stockholm is approx. 550 SEK. We recommend the following companies: Taxi Stockholm, Taxi Kurir or Sverigetaxi. To pre-book a taxi for your arrival, please visit Taxi Stockholm website.
To the venue
From the Stockholm Central Station, there is a short walk (about 10 minutes) to the conference venue.
31 Aug, 2020: Deadline for symposia proposals Dec, 2020: Registration and abstract submission opens 1 April, 2021: Deadline for abstract submissions
Mid-June, 2021: Notification will be sent to abstract authors
15 July, 2021: Last date for early-bird registration
25 August, 2021: Deadline for late-breaking abstracts (posters only)
2 Sept, 2021: Special interest group seminars
3-5 Sept, 2021: Main meeting Scandinavian Physiological Society